Posted by Kayla Fikany on Friday, May 21, 2021 at 9:00 AM By Kayla Fikany / May 21, 2021 Comment
An essential part of selling your home, especially here in the Las Cruces Real Estate Market, is showing it. Allowing potential buyers to walk around your home helps them not only decide if it will meet their needs, but it also helps them visualize themselves living there. Since it's such a critical part of the selling process, we wanted to provide some tips to help make your home look its best for showings. We have quite a few, so we broke them up into 2 parts. That means you have to check back next week to get all 10 tips!
Real estate showings give potential buyers the opportunity to see and experience your home in person. According to a recent study, 79% of buyers said that taking a private tour was extremely or very important to their home-buying decision.
So, here are the first 5 tips for having a successful showing:
1. Clean thoroughly: Steam the carpets, mop or vacuum hard floors, clean windows, polish appliances and give the bathrooms a serious scrubbing.
2. Depersonalize and declutter: Room by room, remove little items that clutter up space and make rooms look smaller. Remove family photos and personalized decor, you want buyers to picture themselves living in the home, and they can’t do that with your family pictures on the wall. We did a video about the decluttering and depersonalizing process. If you missed it, you can find it here!
3. Rearrange furniture as needed: Remove furniture to make rooms seem bigger, and swap pieces in and out of different rooms to give each space an obvious purpose. For example, add a desk and chair to a bonus room to show it as a home office, or move a twin bed into an empty bedroom.
4. Don’t forget the outside: Curb appeal helps your home make its first impression, and your to-do list will vary seasonally. Common tasks include planting flowers, pulling weeds, and mowing the lawn.
5. Keep storage spaces tidy: Every buyer is looking for a home with plenty of storage, which means they’re going to be opening your closets, pantry, and garage doors.
Be sure to check back next week for the remaining 5 tips!!
Have a question? Ready to buy or sell a home? You can reach out to us here, or you can find our contact info below!
Post a Comment
To post a comment about this blog entry, click here.